There are plenty of reasons why we would be needing a drilling rig. We can use it in an array of applications, and if we have a project that necessitates us to drill first then we can turn to it for some help.
Like for instance, if we have a project that will help us gain access to a natural resource such as geothermal, oil, or water, a high quality, reliable, and dependable drilling rig would be of prime importance here. We can also make use of a drilling rig in making structural foundations as well as in creating blasting holes in a mining site. Or maybe we can use it to dig deep into the earth to obtain ground samples.
Aside from identifying the purpose you have to acquire a drilling rig for sale, you also need to know the terrain you will most likely use it on. With respect to the ground or terrain, you may choose from the different kinds of drilling rigs the industry has to offer: percussion drilling rigs, rotary drilling rigs, top hammer drilling rigs, down-the-hole drilling rigs,
You can never go wrong with your choice and decision for acquiring a particular type of drill rig if you will determine first whether you will have the drilling rig for your core business or if you will have it for occasional operations or special projects only. Prime considerations here to determine which one would be more suitable to your requirements would be taking advantage of the recent drilling technology innovations or picking instead a tried and tested, reliable drilling machine.
Reliability, safety, and ease of use. All these three are crucial elements and you need to take them into account. According to the leading manufacturers of drill rigs Australia brands, when their product offerings are used in line with their recommendations, their level of safety would be increased.
Another important thing that you should not leave out is defining the type of your required mobility. There in the market, we can find a trailer-mounted type or the autonomous crawler drill rigs. As for the truck-mounted types, you need to have them powered by a generator. It will work okay also if the truck that will carry them will power them up.
After you have settled on the type of drilling rig you need to have, you’d be able to figure out or calculate the required size with respect to the depth of the borehole and the diameter.
Many different projects would require you to carry out drilling work first. Under the following scenarios, you will need to have access to high-quality drill rigs Australian brands execute your upcoming project.
- Drilling for wells. This type of well could either be for oil or groundwater.
- Pile drilling. If your project involves building a structure on what is determined as unstable ground, pile drilling will help provide the required support. They are usually 70 meters deep and around 2,000 millimeters in diameter.
- Geothermal drilling. It helps in obtaining access to the earth’s heat for extraction and processing a renewable form of energy.
- Micropile drilling. Used most for the reinforcement of existing structures. This type of drilling is usually 30 meters deep and 150 to 200 mm in diameter.
- Blast hole drilling. These types of drilling holes are used in quarrying sites.
- Continuous flight augering. It is a type of drilling work that involves the maintenance of the borehole walls using the drill cuttings as driven by the auger.
Normally, drilling activity is carried out vertically, but there are also instances that it would be executed horizontally or directionally. Typical examples of which are drilling for the anchor placement.